Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Hanukkah, Bella Style

Tonight marks the start of Hanukkah--and I have yet to begin my holiday cards!! My Cosmo crisis has set me back a bit, but I hope to get them done over the weekend so they can go out in the mail early next week. In fact, I'm going to try to get them started tonight while I distract myself by watching some college hockey on TV (Go Badgers!).

This week's Bellarific Friday challenge from Stamping Bella was to use anything bling. Since it's the first night of Hanukkah, I went with the fabulous Menorahbella image for my challenge card. The Bella is colored with Copic markers and the flames on the menorah's candles are sparkly, courtesy of a bit of clear Stardust pen.

I added more sparkle by using some metallic papers on my cardfront. I picked up these lightweight shimmery blue and silver papers in the holiday aisle at Target last year, near the gift wrap and gift tags. They're perfect for using as layers and accent pieces on cards. I stamped the "happy holidays" sentiment on a layered flag-like panel and attached that to the card with foam tape. I added a silver circle as an accent underneath the Bella, and put on a trio of silvery Bella Dots for just a bit more bling.

Materials Used:
Menorahbella and sentiment, silver Bella Dots (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Night of Navy Classic ink, Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); blue, silver papers (Target); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); circle die (Nestabilities); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. I really like this. A nice clean cut card with a bit of attitude and a little bling. Gotta have bling!
    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips