Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hop-py Birthday

I made this adorable birthday card using this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. The round panel was just right for the cute bunny and balloon images from the Chicken Girl Design Birthday Wishes stamp set from i {heart} papers.

The bunny and balloon are stamped in black ink and colored with Copic markers. I added some little details, like white flock to the bunny’s tail and a pink glittery coating (courtesy of a Spica pen) on the balloon. I placed the sentiment stamp on my acrylic block so that it was curved to match the outline of the circle panel—love that about clear stamps!

I used both sides of a piece of My Mind’s Eye patterned paper for the panels on the cardfront. I made the busier circle/flower pattern the smaller panel and backed that with the dotted pattern. A piece of striped pink and white grosgrain ribbon is tied around the card to complete it.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Design Birthday Wishes stamp set, My Mind’s Eye Whirly Bird "Blossom" Floating Flowers designer paper, May Arts pink/white horizontal line grosgrain ribbon, Copic Pink Spica glitter pen, Stampendous Cotton Ball White Fun Flock, Nestabilities circle dies

other: white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Hibiscus Burst ink, Hibiscus Burst cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kiwi Kiss cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); foam tape

4 comments:

 
Blogging tips