Thursday, December 3, 2009

Monochromatic Merry & Bright

This week’s Unity Addicts challenge was to make a holiday card in non-traditional colors. Since that’s usually how I do my holiday cards, this challenge was right up my alley!

I wanted a sparkly, glittery look, so I used the glitter window technique on my monochromatic blue card. The window covers the snowflakes from Unity's October’s Stampin’ Store kit, {wonderful you}. They’re stamped in light blue on a white background. The snowy window, cut with a circle Nestabilities die and covered with packing tape coated with glitter, peeks out from behind a blue panel. I accented the panel with a super sparkly silver bow. The bottom edge of the panel is decorated with a bold navy strip punched with a decorative border design.

The kit’s “merry and bright” sentiment just fit on a round tab punch. I thought this was a fun and different way to add the sentiment to the design.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. October Stampin’ Store Kit {wonderful you} , Nestabilities circle die, May Arts metallic silver ribbon

other: Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy and Whisper White cardstock, round tab punch, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); silver ink (Encore); Crown border punch (Martha Stewart); clear packing tape

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I love blue for my holiday cards. I think this is the first year in 3 that I'm not doing it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips