Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Rusty Sympathy

I haven't pulled out my Kitchen Sink Stamps in a while, so I thought I'd use them for this week's SCS color challenge. I combined the colors--Barely Banana, Dusty Durango/Really Rust, and Basic Gray--with this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for this sympathy card.

I used the 3 Step Butterfly stamp set for my focal image. The butterfly was stamped in reverse on a vanilla panel using gray, then Dusty Durango, then Barely Banana. I went back and stamped the gray again for a little more definition. The sympathy sentiment is from the KSS classic 3 Step Hearts & Roses set. Instead of the stronger SU! gray, I used Memento's London Fog for a softer look that I thought was more appropriate for a sympathy card.

I adjusted the elements of the sketch to fit a standard A2 card instead of a square. The designer paper panel is from an SEI paper pack. I added a gray scalloped strip along the bottom, accented with a dot of Liquid Pearls on each scallop, and a pretty gray satin ribbon along the top.

Materials Used:
3 Step Butterfly and 3 Step Hearts & Roses stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); London Fog ink (Memento); Dusty Durango and Barely Banana Classic inks, Barely Banana, Basic Gray, and Very Vanilla cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (SEI-Addison line); gray satin ribbon (Target); Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips