Monday, January 11, 2010

Aqua Lemon Heartfelt Wishes

I made this card using the colors from Dawn’s latest Raspberry Suite Color Challenge as inspiration. The blue and yellow heart patterned paper from the My Mind’s Eye Love Me Do Collection Kit served as the perfect starting point for my design.

I attached a piece of brown patterned paper with cream dots to the left edge of the heart panel, then layered the patterned papers on a lemon mat and attached it to an aqua card base left over from my holiday cards. The “heartfelt wishes” sentiment from the Hero Arts Heart to Heart stamp set is stamped in cream ink on a brown panel. I like the font used on this one! I added a lemon scalloped strip beneath the sentiment as a simple accent.

The end of the sentiment panel is tucked underneath the brown patterned paper for a clean look. I added a fun ghost heart, embellished with a lemon button, to dress the card up just a bit.

Materials Used:
Heart to Heart stamp set (Hero Arts); Vintage Cream ink, Lemon Tart cardstock, Lemon Tart button, twine (Papertrey Ink); aqua cardstock (Bazzill Basics); Love Me Do Collection Kit (My Mind’s Eye); designer paper (Jillibean Soup Minestrone-Elbow Macaroni); scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); ghost heart (Heidi Swapp)

5 comments:

  1. Cute card, Lori! LOVE this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this color combo and I like that shiny heart paper, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that clear heart is perfect! I'm not a huge heart person, I think they are overpowering but this one I love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable...spectacular color combination....you ROCK...I love all of your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I love the "ghost" heart.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips