Monday, January 11, 2010

Spring Butterfly for You

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. The challenge was to include a cut out element on your card. I went for a spring-y look and feel to make up for today's bitter cold weather.

I used the pretty butterfly image from SU!'s Great Friend set as my cut out piece. The image was stamped on Pink Pirouette paper using deeper Regal Rose ink for contrast, then carefully cut out.

I used some retired Georgia Peach designer paper for the larger paper strip across the front. Some Regal Rose ribbon from my scrap pile is tied around the striped panel. I stamped the set's "for you" sentiment in Old Olive ink directly on the patterned paper.

I cut a slightly longer, but narrower strip of Old Olive cardstock to layer beneath the bottom edge of the designer paper. There's a row of faux stitching across the olive panel for contrast. I assembled all of the pieces on a So Saffron card base, adding the butterfly with a dimensional to finish the card.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up, some retired):
Great Friend stamp set, Regal Rose and Old Olive Classic inks, So Saffron, Old Olive, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Georgia Peach designer series paper, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, and I would've used my Cricut to cut the butterfly out, or my brand new punch!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips