Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm in Lava with You

I couldn't let that cute little lava lamp image from the new Heartily Yours set from Gina K Designs sit uninked any longer! Like I said earlier this week, I've had an almost life-long fascination with these things, so it had to be done.

The lava lamp image is stamped in black ink and colored with Copic markers in shades of pink and red (even though my own prized lava lamp is a pretty blue). To get a glass-like look for the lamp, I stamped the image again on a scrap of acetate using StazOn, then cut it out and attached it to the colored image.

I paired the lamp with Gina K's new Lipstick Red and Innocent Pink cardstocks.The coordinating sentiment is stamped in black and layered on a pink mat. I added a folded pink ribbon underneath the sentiment as a simple accent. A strip of SU!'s retired Riding Hood Red Prints Series designer paper runs across the paper. I attached a paper pierced pink strip on the bottom of the striped paper and did a little more paper piercing around one edge of the image panel. I think I'm in lava . . .

Materials Used:
Heartily Yours stamp set, Lipstick Red, Innocent Pink, and white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Jet Black ink (StazOn); Riding Hood Red Prints Series designer series paper, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, 1 3/8" circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); acetate; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. very cute i got this set two and i made two cards so far one with the bug and one with birds. I think the lava lamp might be next with your cute card for inspiration thanks.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips