Sunday, January 17, 2010

What Little Boys Are Made Of

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I took this masculine card and changed it into a card to welcome a baby boy using images from the Oh Boy stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps.

I stamped the dog image on a scrap of blue patterned paper and used it to paper piece the image. The dog's nose is colored in with a gray Glaze pen for a little shine. The image is layered on a light blue mat, then on a celery one.

Like the original card, I used the Argyle embossing folder to emboss a pattern on a white panel and on a panel to run along the left side of the card. I wrapped a piece of coordinating green gingham ribbon around the panel before attaching it to the celery card base. The image panel is attached with some foam tape. I decided to add a sentiment beneath the image. Since the panel was embossed, I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of blue cardstock in coordinating blue ink, then secured the sentiment beneath the image.

Materials Used:
Oh Boy stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Bashful Blue Classic ink, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery cardstock, Fall Flowers designer series paper (Stampin' Up!); Argyle embossing folder (Cuttlebug); green gingham ribbon (Offray); gray Glaze pen (Sakura); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips