Saturday, January 16, 2010

Without You, Life Does Not Compute

Here's a quick, scrappy card I made for this week's sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You. I just got these adorable Valentine chipboard pieces from K & Company and had to play with at least one right away!

Even though most of the big pieces in the chipboard pack are animals with matching sweet and silly Valentine's Day sentiments, I went with a robot image instead. I had the perfect matching patterned papers from a DCWV Valentine collection to make this a fun, sort of masculine feeling card.

I used a gray and aqua heart patterned paper to cover most of the card base, then cut Top Note die mats using an aqua patterned paper and a softer gray solid. I trimmed the edge of the patterned paper Top Note and layered it on top of the gray to create a mat. A piece of gray grosgrain ribbon is folded and attached underneath the diecut, extending out from the bottom.

The robot is attached to the panel with foam tape. I stamped one of the sentiments from the robot-themed Love Machine set from My Favorite Things on a circle and accented it with a single silver brad. The circle was added to the panel next to the robot to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Love Machine stamp set (My Favorite Things); Smokey Shadow ink, Soft Stone cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Basic Gray cardstock, Top Note die, 1 3/4" circle punch (Stampin' Up!); chipboard (K & Company-Ka-Zoo Monkey Chipboard); designer paper (DCWV-Madly in Love Stack); gray grosgrain ribbon (American Crafts); silver brad (Making Memories); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww what a great card! I ♥ the sentiment :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! :) Thanks for joining in the fun this week at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips