Saturday, January 16, 2010

Love Ewe

I made this sweet card for this week's sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet. Be sure to stop by the sketch challenge group to get all the details on this week's sketch, courtesy of Kim. And, if you play along, be sure to upload your card to the PCP gallery using the keyword sk011610 so it can be added to the album with the rest of the cards made using this week's sketch.

I've been eyeing Unity's cute Love Ewe kit for a long time and I'm excited that I've finally added it to my collection. Here, instead of fully coloring the image, I used some white flock to fill in the fuzzy, swirly fur. The image is cut out with a rectangle die, then layered on a scallop edged mat.

I used a scallop edged mat to coordinate with the scallopy lines on the Upsy Daisy designer paper I used to cover the card base. A piece of olive silk ribbon covers the seam between the two patterns. I stamped the "love ewe" sentiment in black ink and added a pink button accent next to it. I have to admit that I cheated just a bit here and didn't do any stitching for the button hole. The single white stitch is drawn in with a white pen. It works great in a pinch!

Materials Used:

other: Ripe Avocado and Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush button (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); markers (Copic)

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love those scallops with that paper.

    Can't wait to see you in one week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very sweet card. Love the image and the added touch of the fuzzy flock just made this extra special.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips