Friday, January 15, 2010

Merci

Clear & Simple Stamps is thrilled to be the sponsor for the latest challenge at Embellish Magazine. The challenge is two-fold: use purple, brown, and kraft, with the design element of stripes.

Here’s my take on the challenge. I used the striped image from the CSS Dots & Stripes set to create my own tone on tone striped panel on a piece of plum cardstock. I layered the plum cardstock on the bottom of a kraft panel. I decided to give my cardstock a more aged, distressed look by inking its edges (kraft panel with Soft Suede ink, plum panel with more plum ink, both with white pigment ink).

To go with the sort of vintage feel, I added a piece of satin ribbon across the panel where the kraft and plum meet, pleating the ribbon and stitching it in place with my sewing machine. I stamped “merci” from the limited edition Thank You stamp set just above the ribbon.

Some felt flowers I had in my stash coordinated perfectly with the challenge colors and were a nice fit with the design, embellished with a pearl at the center. To finish off the card, I attached the stamped panel to a brown panel for contrast, then set the piece on a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Dots & Stripes and Thank You stamp sets (Clear & Simple Stamps); Soft Suede and Perfect Plum Classic inks, Perfect Plum, Chocolate Chip, and Kraft cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink); brown satin ribbon (Michaels); felt flowers (American Crafts); self adhesive pearl (Kaiser Craft); sewing machine; foam tape

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, the addition of the velvet flower is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy, colorful, beautiful card. Thanks for sharing and showing me what uses I have for those little bits of acetate I have lurking around the craft table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The felt flowers are amazing! But then so is your entire card. Love it Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love what you've done with the ribbon, and the felt accents are awesome! Great job with the Embellish Mag color challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I'm loving this color combo--can't wait to finish mine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pleated ribbon with the stitching, Lori! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just got a sewing machine for Christmas--love your pleated stitched ribbon!! I'll have to try that--don't know how, but I'll try ;) Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love the ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips