Friday, January 15, 2010

Thankful Accents Thank You

Here’s my card for this week’s Viva la Verve sketch/inspiration challenge. I used elements and colors from one of the inspiration photos to design this thank you card.

I started by stamping cream dots from Verve’s Bountiful Backgrounds set on a moss panel. It created a subtle design, inspired by the pattern on the wallcovering in one of the photos. I used other colors from the photo for the other elements on my card. I stamped one of the accent images from the Thankful Accents stamp set repeatedly in Soft Suede ink (stamped off first for a softer look) on a kraft panel for another patterned element. A strip of green ribbon runs down that panel, accented with a matching button-embellished bow. I used a wood button to match the wood accents in the inspiration photo.

The inspiration photo has a few blue accents, so I stamped the “thank you” sentiment in blue ink on a cream panel. The sentiment is "framed" on a dark brown panel--I wanted to incorporate the look of the frames included in the inspiration photo in my card. A matching blue strip with a scalloped edge runs below the sentiment. I stitched across it with my sewing machine. The stitches came out kind of funky—not quite sure what happened there . . .

Materials Used:
Thankful Accents and Bountiful Backgrounds stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Soft Suede and Baja Breeze Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock, scallop edge punch, paper piercing tool (Stampin’ Up!); Vintage Cream ink, Spring Moss cardstock, Spring Moss grosgrain ribbon, wood button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips