Monday, January 18, 2010

You Stole My Heart

Starving Artistamps is sponsoring this week’s challenge at 2 Sketches 4 You. As always, the 2S4Y team has provided a great sketch to work with. Here’s my version of the sketch, featuring images from the DoodleFactory Valentines Remix stamp set.

I stamped Banjo on white cardstock and colored him with Copic markers. I cut him out and added some white flock to the top of his head. He’s set against a blue sky with some sponged in clouds. I used a strip of pleated green grosgrain ribbon as grass underneath his feet to add a little texture and dimension.

I used a Stamp-a-ma-Jig to place the “you stole my heart” sentiment on the open space on the panel. I layered the panel on a gray card base. A red strip runs underneath the image panel, picking up the red in the sentiment. I added a ghost heart, accented by a button, to the end of the strip to finish off the card.

The Starving Artistamps design team will be showing off the latest addition to the DoodleFactory line on Wednesday, just in time for Valentine’s Day. Be sure to stop back to check it out. And, don't forget that you can always use the code savetenLT to save 10% on your Starving Artistamps and DoodleFactory stamp purchases at Starving Artistamps.

Materials Used:
Doodle Factory Valentines Remix and Valentines Sentiments sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Gina K Desigsn); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Soft Sky and Real Red Classic inks, Soft Sky, Real Red, and Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); green grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); ghost heart (Heidi Swapp); button, twine (Papertrey Ink); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape; sewing machine

8 comments:

  1. Cute Lori, You know I love a gray color scheme, and those images are always so fun! I need to come hang out in your stamp room one of these days, you've got all the goods! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! Love it! Thanks for playing this week at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stinkin cute! Love that clear heart too! Thanks for playing along with us! ~Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. this CARD steals my heart! Sooo cute :)
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it love it love it.....too cute and great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness this could not be cuter!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips