Wednesday, February 3, 2010

You're So Cool

Here's another two for one challenge card. I used today's SCS sketch challenge along with a Stamping Bella Lollipop image for this week's challenge at Crazy for Challenges. I made the card with a special little boy in mind. I'm visiting his school tomorrow and wanted to leave him a little note of encouragement at his seat in case I don't see him during my visit.

I colored Dylan Lollipop with Copic markers. The dial on the iPod is colored with a silver gel pen. Just a little sparkly stuff, but not too much to give to a boy, right? I paired Dylan with a striped paper from SEI's Addison line. I love this line's great colors and funky patterns--great for boys. The panel above the striped piece is embossed with dots. I used a different embossed dot pattern for the brown panel slipped underneath the image. The "you're so cool" sentiment is stamped on a blue panel. The only other embellishment is a single green button. It's so hard to not over-embellish a boy card . . .

Materials Used:
Dylan Lollipop image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Ocean Mist cardstock (Gina K Designs); designer paper (SEI-Addison line); Polka Dot embossing folder (QuicKutz); Spots & Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); green button, twine (Papertrey Ink); silver gel pen

1 comment:

  1. He is too cool...Thanks to you!!!Love the color combo!! You made my heart smile to see him!!!

    Hugs - LORi BOYD

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips