Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm a (Real) Sucker for You

In between shoveling my sidewalk and my car yesterday, I made this cute little card based on this week's Taylored Expressions sketch challenge. I incorporated a fun image from a Chicken Girl Designs stamp set, available exclusively at i {heart} papers, and a real heart-shaped lollipop (sucker) into the design of my 4 1/4" square card.

I used two different patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Love Me Do Collection Kit on the cardfront. The cloud pattern made a perfect backdrop for the mosquito image from the Hugs from a Bug stamp set. I stamped the image twice--once on the patterned paper and once on a scrap of white cardstock. I colored the image on white cardstock using Copic markers and carefully cut it out, then attached it to the patterned paper using foam tape. The wings are covered with a light layer of Crystal Stickles for some shimmer.

I used a circle punch to make a semi-circular notch in the designer paper panel. The wrapped lollipop fit nicely into the notch. I had just enough room at the bottom of the panel to add the coordinating "I'm a sucker for you" sentiment. The panel is layered on a piece of dotted paper with some yellow faux suede ribbon knotted around it, then set on a blue-green card base.

Materials Used:

other: white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Bermuda Bay cardstock, 1 3/8" circle punch (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips