Saturday, February 6, 2010

Love is in the Air

I wish that were the case instead of snow around here! We're being buried underneath over two solid feet of the white stuff. I've officially had enough of winter!! I've lived in the DC area pretty much all of my life and never experienced a winter like this one. Hopefully this is not a trend. I have a feeling it will be a while before I'm able to leave my house, at least via my car. It's still halfway covered with snow. I got a path dug to the driver's side and that one side cleared off, but called it quits after that. I'll get back to it again tomorrow. I have college basketball and college hockey (an outdoor game--go Badgers!) to watch on TV as long as my power cooperates and stays on.

As promised earlier in the week, here's another look at the Stamp of the Month from Clear & Simple Stamps. I used Mercy's latest sketch challenge as the basis for this sweet card. I had to adjust the layout for a standard A2 card instead of a square to accommodate the tree image, but kept to the same basic design.

The two step tree image is stamped in brown ink and colored with Copic markers in pinks and reds. I debated adding in some grass or a soft pink airbrushed sky, but decided I liked how the tree popped against the bright white background. There was room at the right side of the panel to add the set's "love is in the air" sentiment on a heart, popped up with some foam tape.

I paired the image with two patterned papers from a K & Company Valentine's Day paper pad. A bright pink ribbon is wrapped around the cardfront and knotted at the left side of the card base.

Materials Used:
Sweet Hearts stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (K & Company); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); heart punch (Marvy Uchida); foam tape

4 comments:

 
Blogging tips