Sunday, February 7, 2010

You're My Shining Star

I took another break from all things pink, red, sweet, and heart shaped for this more masculine looking and feeling card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this also star themed card.

I kept the layout, colors, and theme pretty much the same in my version of the card. I used star images from Papertrey Ink's Star Prints set on mine. The stars are cut out with a combination of star shaped punches and Nestabilities dies. Using these together let me get a decent variety in sizes for layering.

Instead of using swirly bling as an accent around the stars, I used some simple embossing to add texture. I embossed the kraft panel underneath the stars with a dotted pattern before layering on the stars using foam tape. The star border punch was a nice match for my theme.

Because of the tall "star" in my sentiment, I decided to stamp the sentiment directly on the card base instead of layering it on another panel. I like the way the card turned out, but I think I would have liked it more with a black border around the edge . . .

Materials Used:
Star Prints stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Kraft and Basic Black cardstock, large and small star punches (Stampin' Up!); star dies (Nestabilities); Classic Stars punch (Martha Stewart); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. love it an i am probably going to case it cause i love masculine simple cards. You did a great job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC Lori...being homebound has really done wonderful things for your mojo. This card is strikingly beautiful. AWESOME color combo!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips