Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowy Saturday Sketch

It’s a super snowy Saturday here—a great day for staying home and stamping, not that I have any other choice with two feet or more of snow on the way! Here’s this week’s Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge to get your weekend started.

The sketch is based on a card I created a while ago. For this one, I flipped the elements to the right side of the card just to switch it up a bit. Feel free to add more layers if you want (like a mat under the image or a panel slightly smaller than the card base underneath all of the other layers).

I used some pretty flower images from the Lovely Shelf stamp set from Gina K Designs for my focal image. The flowers are colored with Copic markers. The vase is lightly coated with Glossy Accents for a glazed, watery look. I paired the flower image with a strip of striped paper from the Bloom & Grow line from My Mind’s Eye. The colors in the paper coordinated nicely with Gina K’s Pumpkin Spice and Sweet Corn cardstock, so I used those colors, along with a soft blue photo corner.

I also incorporated some stitching into my card. That’s our PCP design team gallery theme this month, so be sure to stop by the gallery for lots of projects featuring stitching. I machine-stitched the edge of the sentiment panel and the border between the striped paper and the decorative edge punch, too.

If you have a chance to play along, upload your card to the PCP gallery with the keyword sk020610 so that it can be added to the album with the rest of this week’s creations. I’m looking forward to seeing your take on the sketch!

Materials Used:
Lovely Shelf stamp set, Pumpkin Spice, Sweet Corn, and white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Butterscotch ink (Vivid); markers (Copic); Soft Sky cardstock, photo corner punch (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); silver brad (Making Memories); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); Glossy Accents (Ranger); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips