Sunday, February 21, 2010

Miss You in Blue

Here's my quick, clean and simple card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this card in Judi's gallery.

I kept the layout of the card the same, but made a few changes on my version. Instead of using real inchies, I created my own from cardstock scraps. I went for a monochromatic look for the four 1" squares. I picked 4 different shades of SU! blues and arranged them in a square on a plain white card base.

I used the two-step heart with interchangeable sentiments from the Sweet Hearts set from Clear & Simple Stamps for the image on the palest blue square. This set is this month's Stamp of the Month and you still have a few days to use the discount code CSS0210 to get $1 off your purchase of the set. The image is stamped in ink that matches the darkest square. I wanted to keep with a somewhat masculine look, so instead of a rhinestone at the top of the card, I knotted a piece of blue grosgrain around the card to complete the design and fill in just a little of the white space.

The weekend has gone by so fast! I can't believe tomorrow's Monday already. I plan to spend the rest of the evening working on my entry for the SCS CAS challenge design team and watching Olympic hockey. Go USA!

Materials Used:
Sweet Hearts stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Not Quite Navy Classic ink, Not Quite Navy, Blue Bayou, Baja Breeze, and Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Xerox); Enchanted Evening grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, clean and simple as you say. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Lori. I love how you selected the blue to go along with the emotion of missing someone. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great clean & simple card, love the blue mono colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips