Monday, February 22, 2010

Time for Some Girl Talk

As promised, here's my card for the final round for the selection of the SCS clean and simple stamping challenge design team. The challenge in this Olympic themed event was to be inspired by being a "reporter." Well, I have to admit that one of my guilty pleasures (besides my General Hospital obsession) is reading celebrity gossip magazines. My best friend and I each subscribe to different ones and swap the ones we've read on a weekly basis to feed our hunger for celebrity news. So, I thought it was only fitting that my card had kind of a gossip theme.

Here's what I came up with. I used a girly pink color scheme for my focal image. I stamped the dotted couch from Papertrey Ink's On My Couch Additions stamp set in Melon Mambo ink on a soft pink panel. I stamped the table and mugs from the On the Couch set alongside the table. The pink rug is sponged in with pink ink slightly darker than the background panel.

I didn't want to do all pink--I thought that might be a bit much. So, I toned it down with a kraft panel. I ran a piece of bold pink ribbon along one edge of the panel and added some paper piercing alongside it. The image panel is layered over the ribbon and piercing. I attached a button-embellished bow to the upper corner of the image panel to dress it up and fill a bit of empty space. The girl talk sentiment is stamped beneath the image panel directly on the kraft panel in pink ink.

Is it good enough to secure a spot? The final results will be announced on Wednesday . . .

Materials Used:
On My Couch and On My Couch Additions stamp sets, Raspberry Fizz button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink Classic inks, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, and Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black inks (Memento); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

2 comments:

  1. I think you are a shoe-in, the card is perfect, nice clean & simple! Love the paper piercing down the side of the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card!! Of course, my favorite color is pink.....PTI pink! The couch stamp set is one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips