Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tropical Thinking of You

Here’s my card for the first Viva la Verve challenge for February. This month’s inspiration room is the dining room. My card is inspired by the colors, design elements, and clean look of the white, modern looking dining room photo. It kind of reminds me of beach décor.

I used slightly different color tones than in the photo, but I like how the combination worked. My card base and striped panel are made of Bermuda Bay cardstock. The striped and dotted border strip from Verve’s Bountiful Backgrounds is stamped tone on tone on the large panel on the cardfront. I did an okay job of lining it up.

I stamped the “thinking of you” sentiment from the new Accent Notes set in Terracotta Tile ink on a white panel. There’s a row of paper piercing along the bottom of the panel to add interest. I layered two large Prima flowers in shades slightly lighter than the paper colors for the right side of the sentiment panel. They’re joined by a turquoise-y rhinestone brad for just a little sparkle.

Materials Used:
Bountiful Backgrounds and Accent Notes stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Terracotta Tile ink, Terracotta Tile cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Bermuda Bay Classic ink, Bermuda Bay and Whisper White cardstock, rhinestone brad (Stampin’ Up!); flowers (Prima)

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. Love your cards!!! So simple and clean looking. I've added you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...what I meant to say was WOW I love this card! Nice clean lines and a stunning color combination.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips