Saturday, March 6, 2010

Rain or Shine

Here’s my spring-themed card for this week’s Wednesday Stamp Club challenge from My Favorite Things. This week’s challenge was a great sketch that I used for another spring card.

I used images from the Rain or Shine stamp set for the focal image panel. The umbrella was stamped twice so I could cut out the top part and attach it to the panel with foam tape. The boots are colored with Copic markers and coated with Glossy Accents for a shiny look. I curved part of the sentiment along the top of the panel and added the rest at the bottom. I managed to fit a lot on to that circle!

The fun colors for the card came from the colors in a pair of patterned papers I pulled out from a new spring DCWV mat stack. I used the razzleberry shade as the dominant one for the card and pulled in a bit of the teal and green as accents.

Materials Used:
Rain or Shine stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Bahama Bay Classic ink, Rich Razzleberry and Bahama Bay cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (DCWV); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); green grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Glossy Accents (Ranger); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Lori and I love your little boots! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips