Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Stamping Bella-Style

***Scroll down to the post below for my Blogger Challenge/Friends with Flair post.***

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday from Stamping Bella. There was no theme for this week’s challenge, so I went with a spring inspired card.

I used Daisybella as my focal image. She’s colored to coordinate with the bright striped DCWV paper I used to cover most of the cardfront. I added just a bit of bling to the flower in her hair and on her shirt. The flower was stamped a second time on a scrap of cardstock, colored, and cut out, then attached to the image with foam tape. It has a bling center, too.

I used one of the new scallop dies from Papertrey Ink to cut the scalloped strip for the cardfront—it cuts beautifully! After layering the pieces on the cardfront, I added the “thanks a bunch” sentiment, stamped with the help of my Stamp-a-ma-jig to fit inside the circle.

Materials Used:
Daisybella image, sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock, Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue, Yoyo Yellow, and Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (DCWV-Flower Shower matstack); medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); circle punches (EK Success); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); foam tape; sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Lori! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had time to really sit down and browse the ole blog until tonight Lori, but you're knocking my socks off!! This one especially is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colours Lori! Fantastic card. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips