Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Sympathy

A long-time close family friend lost her lengthy battle with cancer earlier this week. My mom requested that I make some sympathy cards to send to members of her family. Here’s one that I pulled together last night.

I stamped the large leafy branch image from Papertrey Ink’s Turning a New Leaf stamp set on Lavender Moon cardstock first in Ripe Avocado ink, then again directly over the first stamped image using Spring Moss ink. I wasn’t sure I really liked the Lavender Moon color, but I find that I’ve been using it more and more lately. I stamped one of the flower images from Everyday Classics twice on the branch using the darker Plum Pudding ink. The center of each flower is dotted with some Pink Petal Liquid Pearls.

The rest of the card is very simple. I matted the stamped image on a Ripe Avocado panel, then attached it to the card on an angle. The cardfront is covered with a piece of dotted paper from the Pretty Pastels paper pack. I stamped the “with sympathy” sentiment from Beyond Basic Borders in Plum Pudding ink on a circle and attached it to the card with some foam tape. I ran a piece of Plum Pudding grosgrain ribbon along the bottom of the card and added a button embellished bow.

Materials Used:
Turning a New Leaf, Everyday Classics, and Beyond Basic Borders stamp sets (Papertrey Ink); Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, and Plum Pudding inks, Ripe Avocado, Lavender Moon, and Plum Pudding cardstock, Pretty Pastels designer paper, Plum Pudding grosgrain ribbon, Plum Pudding button, twine (Papertrey Ink); 1 3/8” and 1 ½” circle punches (EK Success); Pink Petal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Lori: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori - the card is lovely and sure to bring some comfort. I am sorry for the loss of your family friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card. So sorry to hear about your friend. Thinking of you. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips