Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April IHP DT Challenge: April Showers Bring May Flowers

You all know the saying—April showers bring May flowers. So, with that in mind, this month’s i {heart} papers design team challenge is showcasing a variety of flower themed products found in the IHP store.

I created my own flower as the focal image for this card using the Nestabilities Nested Blossom dies and some beautiful velvet paper from SEI. I cut several different flower sizes from two pieces of velvet paper and layered them using some foam tape for dimension. For the center, I used a Copic marker to color a Petaloo dyeable flower with a sparkly center.

To keep the focus on the pretty velvet flower, I used a simple layout design for the card. I paired my flower with a panel of designer paper from SEI’s Claire line. I stamped a sentiment from the Hero Arts All Occasions Messages in black ink on a piece of coordinating cardstock. To add some interest, I did some faux stitching along the edge of the sentiment panel using a white pen. The flower is attached to the right side of the panel, overlapping the sentiment panel just a tiny bit. I added some pieces of a Zva Creative flourish as a super sparkly leaf to finish the card.

Be sure to visit the rest of the i {heart} papers design team for more flower inspiration. Here’s where to find them:

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic Lori...I really NEED those scallop circles. Awesome look you have created, and LOOK, I see ZVA! =) Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those circles ~ great card! I love the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, love the colors and your flower is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is simply sweet. Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet. I love all the layered flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity of this card but how it still packs a punch with that gorgeous layered flower. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card! And that little touch of faux stitching makes such a difference. It's all in the details, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this Lori! Wish I could touch that velvet flower! The background paper is simply perfect with the velvet texture...looks like a bit of softly stitched flannel! The orange adds the perfect touch of bold color!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips