Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Blooming Good Day

This is one of those cards that looked better in my head than on paper—LOL! I made it based on Taylor’s latest sketch challenge. As soon as I saw the line of round elements in the sketch, I thought of a row of flowers, which would be a perfect fit for the Flowers & Showers theme of this month’s Paper Craft Planet DT gallery here. I paired the flowers with a sweet Pure Innocence image from My Favorite Things. I just ordered a few more of these images last night and can't wait for them to arrive.

The cute girl is colored with Copic markers. I chose the colors to coordinate with the patterned paper panel on the left side of the card. I assembled a line of different color, size, and shape Prima flowers from my collection to stretch across the bottom of the card. Glue dots hold the flowers in place and a dot of Petal Pink Liquid Pearls decorates their centers.

I wanted to stamp the sentiment directly on the cardfront, but there wasn’t enough room. I used a pair of punches to create a flower-like shape and added the sentiment to that, then attached it to the card with some foam tape.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Blooming Good Day stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Melon Mambo cardstock, scallop circle punch (Stampin’ Up!); Bubblegum Pink cardstock (Gina K Designs); designer paper (DCWV-Flower Shower matstack); circle dies (Nestabilities); circle punch (EK Success); flowers (Prima); Pink Petal Liquid Pearls (Ranger)

3 comments:

  1. So glad I'm not the only one that sees something in my head but what's on the paper isn't quite the same! Lovely card Lori. Have a good weekend. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a nice weekend! The card was lovely. Another great creation from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing how illustrators use their own set! And I love seeing such out of the ordinary ideas! Love this

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips