Monday, April 5, 2010

Caardvarks/Clear & Simple Stamps Baby Card Blog Hop and Challenge

The Clear & Simple Stamps design team is joining with the Caardvarks crew to bring you a special baby card themed blog hop. We hope you'll play along and create your own baby card for the challenge. The creator of the winning card, plus three random blog hoppers, will win a $25 gift certificate to the CSS store!

Here's my baby card, featuring this month's Stamp of the Month, Rock-a-Bye. I made the set's rocking horse the focal image. The horse image is part paper pieced and part colored with Copic markers. My horse really rocks, too! I used foam tape and pennies to attach the focal image panel so that it moves back and forth, just like a rocking horse.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I covered most of the cardfront with paper to match the rocking horse. I machine stitched a coordinating pale blue panel to the bottom of the cardfront, then added a matching sentiment in darker blue ink.

You'll want to make sure that you stop by and check out all of the great projects created for this blog hop. Here's a list of the participating designers:





Lori Tecler--you are here!










Once you've checked out all the fabulous creations, be sure to return to the Caardvarks blog to leave a comment saying that you've completed the hop.
Materials Used:
Rock-a-Bye stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Blue Bayou Classic ink, Blue Bayou and Soft Sky cardstock, Soft Sky striped grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (DCWV-Nana's Nursery Baby Boy); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); sewing machine; foam tape

48 comments:

  1. Eek that's awesome Lori, I love that it really rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever and absolutely adorable. Love the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love the little paper pieced rocking horse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love the texture! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pale blue you used here--perfect for sweet baby boys! And I'm in awe that you thought to make your horsie really rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love paper piecing! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card! Very pretty colors. I sure love that stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really cute set for sure.. Love what you did with it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, this is so sweet! Love the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card! I like how you matched the rocking horse with the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and thank you so much for the inspiration you are to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've chosen beautiful colors for your card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you used the blues in the card. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the monochromatic style of this card! Its "rocking"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute...and the horse actually rocks...that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Card I just love the way you printed the rocking horse on printed paper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love love love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty in Blue...great card for a boy....

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a cute baby card and the horse really "rocks"!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very creative, love that they horse rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's a darling card. Also enjoyed the rest of your blog very much! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my... how great is that... I love the coordinating CS and colours: really brilliant!
    Thanks a lot for sharing this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. such a cleanly designed card! just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous!!! A lovely baby boy card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your little rocking horse card is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card - love that horse - love the blues of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card.... love the colours! Very nicely done!
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute card, love that rocking horse!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that the horse is plaid- great idea! super sweet card :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the colours!! Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love that muted blue color. So pretty. The rocking horse is just adorable. Thanks for the fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really like your card. Looks like it would be simple to do but not simply looking! Love the idea of the rocking horse really rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Adorable card. Love the stitched detail. That rocking horse is so sweet. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love that your rocking horse really rocks! An ingenious idea!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips