Monday, April 5, 2010

Simple Star

Today's my last day of spring break, so in between spending time with Chloe the cutie puppy, I squeezed in a bit of stamping, too. This one's for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. The challenge was to use a sentiment as the only stamped image.

I've got a nice collection of sentiment stamps, so choosing one was kind of tricky! I finally settled on one from Papertrey Ink's Star Prints. I made a simple baby card featuring a punched star and the sentiment as the focal image. The star is embossed with a dot pattern for interest. The sentiment is stamped in black ink on a piece of Spring Moss grosgrain ribbon to add texture to the card.

The sentiment and star are on a panel made from a piece of coordinating patterned paper. I cut the patterned paper panel in thirds, then attached it to a yellow mat. I used my sewing machine to stitch around the panels for a quilt-like look. The stitched piece is layered on a Spring Moss panel, then on a yellow card base. Other than having to rescue the sewing machine's thread from a curious Chloe, the card was pretty easy to put together.

Materials Used:
Star Prints stamp set, Spring Moss and Lemon Tart cardstock, Pretty Pastels patterned paper, Spring Moss grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Perfect Little Black Dress ink (Clear & Simple Stamps); large star punch (Stampin' Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); sewing machine; foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips