Saturday, April 24, 2010

Enjoy Your Day

Here's my card for the final Viva la Verve sketch/inspiration challenge for April. I was inspired by a living room with furniture that featured a combination of stripes and dots. I used those elements along with bold colors for my bright, festive birthday card.

I used two papers from a My Mind's Eye 6x6 stack I picked up at Michaels on the cardfront. The dotted paper is kind of sparkly, the striped one is not. I stamped the "enjoy your day" sentiment from Verve's Big Wish set in Bermuda Bay ink on a white panel, leaving room for an embellishment. I created my own layered felt embellishment by cutting a pair of felt stars using Nestabilities dies and adding a matching button to the center. I used glue dots to hold all of the pieces together. So easy!

I cut a scalloped strip to run along the top of the dotted paper panel. A piece of pink satin ribbon, embellished with a bow, runs along the seam where the scalloped strip meets the patterned paper.

Materials Used:
Big Wish stamp set (Verve Stamps); Bermuda Bay Classic ink, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); medium scallop die, Raspberry Fizz and Hawaiian Shores felt, Raspberry Fizz button, twine (Papertrey Ink); star dies (Nestabilities); pink satin ribbon (AC Moore-dollar bin)

1 comment:

  1. this is such a great card-love the mixture of the dsp-great pattersn and colors

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips