Saturday, April 17, 2010

Practicing Creativity with Practicing Creativity Designs

I recently ordered a pair of stamp sets from a relatively new company called Practicing Creativity Designs. I tried them out for the first time on these two cards.

The first card is for this week's sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You. I used the argyle elements from the Key to My Heart stamp set to create my own background paper on the kraft panel. I used pigment inks for a nice, opaque look. I love how pigment inks look on kraft cardstock! The images were really easy to line up and it took almost no time to stamp the entire quarter sheet background.

I pleated some red ribbon to run down the center of the strip in the middle of the card. The bow was made with my new-found friend, the Bow Easy. Now that I get how to use this thing, I haven't put it down! The set's "i heart u" sentiment is stamped on a pair of layered heart die cuts and attached to the cardfront using foam tape.

Materials Used:
Key to My Heart stamp set (Practicing Creativity); Real Red and Chocolate Chip Craft inks, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, and Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); heart dies (Nestabilities); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Bow Easy; sewing machine; foam tape


This card uses the Just Dandy set. I used the set's cloud and kite images to create a simple spring scene on a Top Note die base. I cut some patterned paper with the die, then arranged the scene elements, all stamped on scraps of paper. The clouds were cut from some scraps of bright, diagonal striped patterned paper. The kite's a bold pink. The grass was punched with a border punch and layered with some foam tape for dimension.

I attached the scene to a bright pink card base, matching the kite. The set's "congrats" sentiment is stamped on a green strip and layered on the card to overlap the scene just a bit. I used my Bow Easy (again!) to make the coordinating blue satin bow that completed the card.

I have some other ideas in mind for these sets, so keep an eye out for them in the upcoming days . . .

Materials Used:
Just Dandy stamp set (Practicing Creativity); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Melon Mambo and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Top Note die (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (October Afternoon; DCWV-Flower Shower matstack); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); blue satin ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

4 comments:

 
Blogging tips