Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Scoot on Over Here

I made this fun card based on Unity’s Hip Hop sketch challenge. I figured I should try to get to it before the next one is posted on Thursday—LOL! As soon as I saw the sketch, I thought of this fun scooter image from the March Kit of the Month.

I made the scooter my focal image. It’s colored with Copic markers and some of the details are filled in with a silver gel pen and a clear Glaze pen. When I stamped the image, I left room at the upper left corner and lower right side to fit in the two part sentiment. A pink ribbon runs diagonally across the upper left corner, filling in the white space. I stamped the first part of the sentiment on a scrap of white cardstock, layered it on a pink panel, then attached it to the upper left corner, partway on the image panel and partway on the cardfront. The sentiment is continued underneath the scooter

A row of die cut turquoise scallops runs along the bottom of the image panel, matching the color of the scooter. I used some coordinating paper from K & Company’s Greenhouse line to cover most of the bright pink card base. Totally bright and totally fun!

Materials Used:
March Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (K & Company-Greenhouse line); medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); silver gel pen, clear Glaze pen (Sakura)

1 comment:

  1. Hello, will you be making your scooter card to sell?
    check out:
    scooterswag.com
    thanks, Julie

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips