Tuesday, April 6, 2010

To the Moon and Back

Here's my entry for this month's My Favorite Things guest designer challenge. The challenge was called "M&M" for masculine and metallic. I think this one hits on both of those!

I used the robot image from the Love Machine set as my focal image. He's stamped on an MFT Perfect Panel and colored with Copic markers. After cutting the robot out, I spritzed him with some shimmer spray for a metallic-y look.

I built a simple scene for the robot using a navy panel for the sky, an embossed crescent shape for the moon, and a shiny silver star. The robot is set into the scene with foam tape. One of the set's sentiments is stamped in black ink on a scrap of silver paper. This sentiment always reminds me of one of my favorite children's books (probably a fave because it features a bunny!), Guess How Much I Love You. The big bunny says something to that effect to the little bunny in the story--how sweet!

Materials Used:
Love Machine stamp set, Perfect Panels (My Favorite Things); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Barely Banana, Night of Navy, and Basic Gray cardstock , large star punch (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); circle die (Nestabilities); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Lori...your Robot card is ADORABLE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card I love the robot and the moon is a perfect backdrop! Thanks for sharing ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips