Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Be You

Here’s my card for this week’s Hip Hop sketch challenge. I just got my Unity May Stampin’ Store Kit from i {heart} papers, so I inked it up for this pretty card.

I used one of the sentiments from the Naturally You half of the kit as the focal image. The words are stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink on a white Nestabilities Labels 9 die cut. I highlighted the word “you” with shimmery chalks for emphasis and to add a little more color. The die cut is layered on another die cut that’s slightly larger. The next size die was bigger than I wanted, so I traced the die that I used to make the sentiment panel on some pink cardstock and carefully cut it out, giving me a mat just a tiny bit larger than the sentiment panel.

I arranged some Basic Grey Green at Heart designer paper for the panels on the cardfront along with a coordinating solid pink panel. I used a decorative border punch along the edge of the solid panel to dress it up a bit. The green panel is machine stitched in place. Once all of the pieces were in place, I added a piece of crystal flourish to the cardfront, then layered the sentiment panel on with some foam tape. A piece of olive green crepe ribbon with a button-embellished bow completes the card.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. May Stampin’ Store Kit-Naturally You, Nestabilities Labels 9 die, Basic Grey Green at Heart designer paper and Kioshi button, Zva Creative clear crystal flourish, Creative Impressions olive crepe ribbon

other: Rich Razzleberry Classic ink, Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); shimmery chalks (pebbles inc); Deco Scallop border punch (EK Success); sewing machine; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful... This is beyond awesome...
    Thank you so much Lori >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very original!! Love the quote and specially the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the colors and the way you highlighted the one word in the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips