Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Best Medicine

I have time for just a quick post tonight. Chloe the cutie puppy is being super-ornery tonight, making both stamping and typing near impossible. So, here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge. It's a bright get well card featuring one of the Pure Innocence cuties from My Favorite Things.

I colored the nurse image with Copic markers, coloring thedress red for a cheery look. Once I'd finished coloring the image, I found some patterned papers from DCWV's Citrus matstack to use for the panels on the rest of the card. I used the mostly red piece to cover the cardfront and a striped piece for the accent panel slipped under the edge of the image. Everything's matted on yellow panels for some extra pop.

The sentiment is stamped on a rectangle panel instead of an oval (quicker than fooling around with cutting layers using Nestabilities given my puppy issues tonight). I layered it on the card using foam tape and added a red button embellished bow as an accent.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Best Medicine stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions) ; Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Yoyo Yellow cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Citrus matstack designer paper (DCWV); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips