Friday, May 21, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 152

This week's blogger challenge is a sketch. At first I had a hard time figuring out how to put my card together based on the sketch, but once I gave myself permission to switch things up just a tiny bit, it worked out pretty well.

I started with a pair of the silhouette images from Papertrey Ink's Life set. The images are stamped in the new Simply Chartreuse ink on a Spring Moss panel. I added a sentiment from the Fillable Frames #4 set in contrasting brown ink at the top of the panel.

I used earthy colors for the rest of the card. The image panel and the kraft panels are matted on Ripe Avocado strips and everything is layered on a green dotted patterned paper, then on a matching Ripe Avocado card base. I machine stitched along the panel at the left edge of the card to add interest, then arranged a trio of copper brads at the bottom of the kraft panel on the right side of the card. When I put them at the top, as shown in the sketch, the card looked unbalanced to me. Once I made the adjustment, it seemed to work right.

For more projects using this sketch, you can check out what the rest of the challenge players have created. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Life and Fillable Frames #4 stamp sets, Simply Chartreuse and Dark Chocolate inks, Ripe Avocado and Spring Moss cardstock, Pretty Pastels patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); copper brads (Making Memories); sewing machine

18 comments:

  1. I always look forward to seeing your cards...very elegant! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on this weeks sketch, wonderful color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty and serence card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of the stitching and way to alter the sketch to work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, love the color combination with the sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Love your addition of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card- I always love the addition of stitching to cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. The colors are so soft and soothing and go well with the image that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This combo of colors is great and the stitching adds such a cool element. Love that focal image too -- nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, this card is got a tranquil effect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori - this is GORGEOUS! I love the soft colors - great job with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very beautiful Lori! Love it's simplicity, yet so elegant! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Long stems...my perfect stamps...and the green and grey wow...two colors that are so different..and achieved such color harmony
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect, what a serene feeling card. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a peaceful card. I love what you created!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, simple, lovely and elegant! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a perfect CAS card!!! This is such a beauty too!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips