Thursday, May 20, 2010

Spotty Shoe

Here’s my card for the latest Viva la Verve sketch/inspiration challenge. This month’s inspiration room is crafting spaces. I was inspired by a photo featuring different swatches of fabrics and threads. I pulled a bit from the colors and a bit from the patterns to come up with this card.

I added some texture to the background by embossing a red panel with a polka dot embossing folder. To match the dotted detail, I stamped the fancy shoe image from Verve’s Express Yourself set in black ink on a scrap of melon cardstock. I carefully cut the shoe out and attached it to a cream panel using foam tape. The “you’re so cool” sentiment from Verve’s Celebrating You set runs underneath the shoe, like the shoe’s sitting on it. I added a button to the end of the sentiment panel for balance and interest.

Materials Used:
Express Yourself and Celebrating You stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Riding Hood Red and River Rock cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Melon Berry cardstock, Melon Berry satin ribbon, Melon Berry button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Polka Dot embossing folder (QuicKutz); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Fun card. Love the shoe image and the embossed dot background.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips