Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Enjoy Today

This is a perfect card for a pretty day like today! It was sunny and beautiful today, not too warm, not too humid. Chloe the cutie puppy and I took our evening walk, then came back home. While I created this card, the cutie puppy napped near my feet (after she stopped chomping on my desk chair . . .).

I used one of Verve's Plain Jane images for the focal point. The sun and background are colored with Copic markers. I used a clear Stardust pen to sparkle the sun up just a little. I stamped the image a second time and colored just the center of the sun image, cut it out, and attached it to the colored panel with foam tape.

The rest of the card's pretty simple--I kept it quick since I figure Chloe will wake up soon and need some attention! I used a pair of patterned papers from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop collection for the panels on the left side of the card. A coordinating yellow satin ribbon and bow are tied around the flower panel as a simple embellishment.

Materials Used:
Enjoy Today Plain Jane (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (October Afternoon-Thrift Shop line); yellow satin ribbon (Michaels); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips