Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sorry!

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch from Our Craft Lounge. The image on this one really hits home for me. Chloe the cutie puppy can’t lose those sharp little puppy teeth soon enough for me—or my shoes, or my furniture. So far, I’ve managed to intervene before anything has been destroyed beyond repair, but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before my lucky streak ends and something is.

I used the chewed up sneaker from the Pat the Dawg House set for my focal image. There’s only one sneaker in the set, so to get the pair, I stamped one sneaker in black ink, masked the stamped image with Eclipse tape, then stamped the sneaker again. The sorry-looking sneaker images are colored with Copic markers in shades of gray.

The sneaker image is layered on a green big scalloped circle, then on a larger panel made from some Sassafras Lass designer paper and coordinating solid cardstock strips. I embossed one of the solid strips with a polka dot embossing folder to add some interest and added some machine stitching, too. A piece of paw printed twill is wrapped around the panel. The set’s “sorry” sentiment is stamped on a piece of white cardstock and attached to the top of the card. That’s not a place I normally would have placed a sentiment, but I like how it looks.

Be sure to stop by i {heart} papers to check out all the new release from Our Craft Lounge. The sets are up on the IHP site and Kate should have them in stock soon.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Pat the Dawg House stamp set, medium weight Copic blending cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Eclipse tape, Copic markers (C-1, C-3, C-5, W00, W-1, W-3, W-5), Sassafras Lass Pinstriped designer paper, Nestabilities circle and big scalloped circle dies, QuicKutz Polka Dots embossing folder, May Arts paw print twill

other: Chocolate Chip and Kraft cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Kraft Like a Rockstar Green (Clear & Simple Stamps); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips