Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Wild Thing

It’s my birthday today! I've so appreciated everyone's warm wishes through emails, cards, and Facebook. To mark the occasion I thought that it would be appropriate to share a birthday card tonight. I made this cute one for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge to alter your embellishments.

I thought this dinosaur was just the cutest thing! I’m always looking for great little boy appropriate images, so I couldn’t resist this one. I colored the image with Copic markers and dabbed at the dino skin using a rag dampened with colorless blending solution to get the textured look.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I attached a strip of striped paper to the left side of a rust card base. The edge of the paper is covered with a twill strip. The twill was originally a lighter moss shade. I colored it with a Copic marker to make it a darker green that was a better match for my dino card. Two of the set’s sentiments are stamped around the edge of the image panel, sort of framing it. I added a pair of copper brads to fill in the empty space. It's cute, but still boyish enough for a little boy.

Materials Used:
Little Loveosaurus stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Dusty Durango and Old Olive cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Addison designer paper (SEI); copper brads (Making Memories); moss twill tape (Martha Stewart)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday.

    This card is so very cute. Love the texture.

    Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips