Monday, May 17, 2010

Shabby Chic Kind Deeds

Here's my card for this week's clean and simple challenge on SCS. This week's theme was shabby chic--a little out of my comfort zone, but I gave it my best try.

I started with a sort of vintage looking patterned paper from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop line. I sponged the edges with Creamy Caramel ink to give it a softer, aged look, then distressed the edges with my fingernail before layering it on a kraft panel and a coordinating aqua card base.

I kept the layout simple, setting a matching distressed kraft band across the cardfront and layering on a cream panel with caramel-sponged edges. I used the Label 1 die from Clear & Simple Stamps for the image panel. I cut the larger label from aqua cardstock and the smaller one from cream. I stamped the coordinating frame image from the Cup of Cocoa set on the cream label in aqua ink, then added the "thank you " sentiment from the Kind Deeds set in brown ink. I pleated some matching ribbon to set on either side of the label die. A pair of coordinating buttons at the ends of the ribbon completed the card.

Materials Used:
Cup of Cocoa and Kind Deeds stamp sets, Kraft Like a Rockstar and On the Catwalk Cream cardstock, CSS Label 1 die, Simply Blue-tiful buttons (Clear & Simple Stamps); Creamy Caramel and Soft Suede Classic ink (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist ink, Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon, twine (Papertrey Ink); Thrift Shop designer paper (October Afternoon); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Have a great day today! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card. you combined two styles very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card a lot. It is soft and feminine without being too girly-girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS!! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips