Tuesday, May 25, 2010

You're So Cool

Here’s my card for the final Viva la Verve sketch/inspiration challenge for May. This month’s inspiration room is crafting spaces. For this week’s challenge, the inspiration was to come from your own craft room. I was inspired by the bold colors in the new Cosmo Cricket DeLovely paper pack I had sitting on my table. I was going for a sort of masculine look, so I omitted the bright pinks, staying with blue, green, and yellow for this card.

I stamped the round flourish image from the Happy Days set in blue ink on a white panel and added the “you’re so cool” sentiment to the open space using green ink. The stamped image is matted on a matching blue circle.

I used a coordinating blue and green circle print paper for the large panel on the cardfront and since the pattern was kind of bold and busy, I added simple plain green and yellow cardstock strips across it. The green panel has a piece of yellow twill (more masculine than ribbon, right?) knotted around it, accented with some paper piercing. To keep things more masculine (and to accommodate the big size of the focal image), I omitted the floral accents under the round panel, but otherwise stuck to the sketch.

Materials Used:
Happy Days stamp set (Verve Stamps); Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse inks, Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf, and Lemon Tart cardstock, Green Boutique patterned paper, Lemon Tart twill (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); circle dies (Nestabilities)

1 comment:

  1. Love this card Lori! The repeating circles are great- perfect for your main image! Fun fresh summery colors too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips