Sunday, May 30, 2010

Simple Sweet of You

Here's my summery feeling card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I loved looking at Emily's gallery--lots of clean and simple designs! My card's based on this pretty floral design.

I kept the layout the same, but changed up the stamps and colors. I went for a more vivid color scheme, using some of Papertrey Ink's colors. I stamped one of the leafy branch images from Turning a New Leaf in Spring Moss ink on a white circle, then went back and added a trio of flower images from Everyday Classics in Raspberry Fizz ink. One of the sentiments from Signature Greetings is stamped across the middle of the panel in black ink. I added dots of Pink Petal Liquid Pearls to the centers of the flowers for a little shimmer and dimension.

I used a piece of Hawaiian Shores cardstock to make the card base. To add interest without changing the simple design, I embossed a circle in the cardfront. The stamped image panel is centered inside the circle and attached using foam tape.

Materials Used:
Turning a New Leaf, Everyday Classics, and Signature Greetings stamp sets, Raspberry Fizz and Spring Moss inks, Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Nestabilities); Pink Petal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! Like that big circle as the focal image and the colors are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips