Saturday, May 29, 2010

Some Clean and Simple Stuff

Here are my cards for the last two challenges in my “audition” for the SCS clean and simple challenge design team.

This card is for the challenge to make a card with a moving part. I made a suspension card—one of my favorite easy wow cards. In this card, a silver embossed star is front and center in the card’s round opening. I stamped a pair of stars in Versamark on brushed silver cardstock, sprinkled on embossing powder and (with Chloe the cutie puppy’s assistance) used my heat tool to emboss the images. The stars were punched out with a star punch so they’d be exactly the same size. The suspension mechanism is made using some clear fishing line.

The rest of the card is very simple. I hid the suspension mechanism under a navy panel. I stamped the “way to go” sentiment next to the opening in silver ink. I was going to stop there, but the card looked too clean and simple, so I added a strip of light blue ribbon running diagonally along the top left corner and dressed it up with a button-embellished bow.

Materials Used:
Star Prints stamp set, Spring Rain grosgrain ribbon, Enchanted Evening button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, and Brushed Silver cardstock, large star punch, silver embossing powder (Stampin’ Up!); Versamark (Tsukineko); silver ink (Encore); circle die (Nestabilities); clear fishing line


This one's for the challenge to make a card with a popped up element. I turned to my Mint Motif Very Square and Very Square Sentiments sets from i {heart} papers again for this one.

This time, the squares serve as brightly colored birthday gift boxes. I stamped 4 of the images on different shades of pink cardstock scraps with different inks, then I used punches to make the different sized squares. Each box is topped with a bow made from glimmer ribbons. Two same sized squares anchor the ends of the lineup. The gifts in the middle are both popped up on foam dots. I used a thicker dot for the smaller square to add interest. I inked up just part of one of the sentiments using the boldest shade of pink ink and stamped it underneath one of the presents.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Mint Motif Very Square and Very Square Sentiments stamp sets, Creative Impressions white, magenta, and pink glimmer ribbons, Bow Easy, Zva Creative 2 mm and 1 mm foam dots

other: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, and Regal Rose Classic inks, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, and Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Bubblegum Pink cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tea Rose ink (Vivid); square punches (EK Success)


And, here's one final card for the challenges. This one's for the popped up element one again. I went for a more masculine look featuring a blue and green color scheme.


I paired a Hawaiian Shores card base with a piece of coordinating dotted paper and a bold green scalloped strip running across the card. I used a star die to cut a cork and a felt star. I layered the two and added a coordinating button for my own custom embellishment. The star's attached to the end of the paper strips with foam tape. A birthday sentiment from Verve's Big Wish set finishes off the card.


Materials Used:

Big Wish stamp set (Verve Stamps); Hawaiian Shores ink, Hawaiian Shores and New Leaf cardstock, Green Boutique patterned paper, Hawaiian Shores felt, medium scallop die, Simply Chartreuse button, twine (Papertrey Ink); cork (My Favorite Things); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. These are great cards. You are so amazing at cas - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your CAS cards are awesome as well- I always adore seeing what you create. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips