Friday, May 28, 2010

You Rock

Here’s a quick masculine card created based on this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I paired images from the You're My Hero set from Taylored Expressions with papers from Cosmo Cricket’s Joy Ride collection for this fun one.

I stamped the rocker image in two inks on a blue panel—first in a coordinating blue, then again in white ink, offset just a bit from the first image for a shadowed look. I stamped the matching sentiment just alongside the image panel in the same blue ink.

I cut two strips of Joy Ride paper for the panel behind the card. I picked papers that had very different patterns, but some of the same colors and design elements to pull them together. The seam between the two papers is covered with some shimmery silver ribbon. It has kind of a metallic sheen, so I thought it still passed as masculine . . . I used the same ribbon to make a ribbon tab to slip underneath the image. A tab accented with a trio of star brads is attached under the bottom edge of the panel. I layered the panel on a matching star embossed panel for a little texture, then attached it all to a yellow card base.

Materials Used:
You're My Hero stamp set (Taylored Expressions); Bermuda Bay Classic ink, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, and Basic Gray cardstock, modern label punch (Stampin’ Up!); Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink); Joy Ride designer paper (Cosmo Cricket); ribbon (American Crafts); Stars embossing folder (Cuttlebug); star brads (Making Memories)

1 comment:

  1. Lori - This is really a nice creation! Great color combinations and the stamped image ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips