Thursday, June 3, 2010

Splash

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I went for cool, summery colors and a splash of sunny yellow to match the fun ocean-themed image I used on the card.

I stamped the whale image from the Whale of a Tale set on white cardstock using black ink and colored the image with Copic markers. I added some sparkle using Pink and Turquoise Spica glitter pens—haven’t pulled those out in a while!

I combined patterned papers from Cosmo Cricket’s DeLovely line with an embossed panel for the cardfront. To pull the three different strips together, I stitched along the edges with my sewing machine. A strip of yellow scalloped velvet trim (mostly covered up . . .) runs along the edge of the yellow patterned paper. I layered the whale image on the card, then attached the coordinating sentiment on a smaller oval using a foam dot. I accented the sentiment with a yellow button with a faux thread made with my white pen--one of my favorite quick crafting "tricks." Drawing on that tiny white line really adds a nice finishing detail to a card.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Whale of a Tale stamp set, Couture Cardstock white medium weight Copic blending cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (BG0000, BG01, BG05, BG07, RV14) and Spica glitter pens (Pink and Turquoise), Cosmo Cricket DeLovely designer paper and yellow velvet scalloped trim, QuicKutz Beads embossing folder, Nestabilities petite oval dies, Zva Creative foam dots, Basic Grey Kioshi button, Ranger Inkssentials white pen

other: Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a stuffed whale that I made for a 1st. birthday party favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an amazing colorer... love the hearts too. Thanks for playing along with the sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips