Friday, June 4, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 154

The theme for this week's blogger challenge is graduation. I made a graduation themed card based on this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge using the Chicken Girl Design Owl Graduate digi image from i {heart} papers.

I printed the image on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. The colors were chosen to match the Basic Grey Max and Whiskers designer papers I used on the cardfront. I love the fun colors and patterns in this set—as you can probably guess from the name, they’re perfect for pet and animal themed projects. I used one of the non-patterned pieces from the pack for the larger mat on the cardfront. I’ve found that I tend to reach for the patterned pieces in my Basic Grey packs and end up with these leftovers, so I’m trying to make more of an effort to include these coordinating pieces in my projects.

Since I was going for a kind of masculine look, I kept the rest of the card fairly simple. I added a brown button knotted with twine as an embellishment at the top corner of the image and attached the matching sentiment panel using foam dots.

If you have a chance to play along, upload your card to the PCP gallery with the keyword sk052910 so that it can be added to the album with the rest of this week’s creations. And, for more graduation themed projects, you can check out what the rest of the challenge players have created. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Design Owl Graduate digi image, medium weight Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (E31, E33, E35, E37, E39, C-3, C-5, C-7, Y21, Y26, Y28, YR14, YR16, R14, R17, YG95, B0000), Basic Grey Max & Whiskers designer paper, Alexx Kesh jute natural rope, Zva Creative foam dots

Other: Blue Bayou and Dusty Durango cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

16 comments:

  1. Great job with this, Lori! Love the layout and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card. Love the image and the button accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a cutie, owl betcha' the recipient will think it's a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how CUTE is this Grad card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute graduation image, love the new BG papers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is darling Lori! What a great image! You did a wonderful job coloring up this little cutie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card!! Great job with your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've said it before...I look forward to seeing your coloring! Love this cute owl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coloring matches the paper perfectly! That image is just darilng!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the DSP and your image is perfect with your coloring! Nicely done and it's totally different from what many graduates will receive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Card with the little owl...Max & Wiskers pp is perfect...
    TFS
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable! Haven't used any digi stamps....looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great papers and colors. Love your digital image too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips