Monday, June 28, 2010

Fintastic

Here's my summery scene for today's SCS clean and simple challenge to use blue, celery, and pumpkin. I added in a bit of white with a beachy themed stamp set for this fun card.

I started with a white panel with rounded top corners. The panel was softly airbrushed with a pale blue Copic marker for a subtle cloudy blue sky. I stamped the fish image from the Surf set from Clear and Simple Stamps in the sky with pumpkin ink. I added a felt cloud and sun in the corner to fill out the sky.

I used a wave border punch for the water at the bottom of the panel. I stamped the sentiment on the border punched strip and added an orange ribbon underneath as an accent. The wave's attached to the panel with foam tape for a little dimension. I layered the scene on a celery Top Note die cut, then on a white cardfront to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Surf stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Pumpkin Pie and Bashful Blue Classic inks, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery cardstock, Top Note die, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); B21 marker (Copic); cloud, sun Die-Namics dies (My Favorite Things); orange button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Boundary Waters border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips