Friday, June 25, 2010

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

*** Scroll down to the post below for my Blogger Challenge/Friends with Flair post.***


It’s time for June’s Papertrey Ink Blog Hop! The theme for this month’s hop is favorite color schemes. This was a hard choice, but in the end, I went with the bold color combination I used for my project for last month’s hopHawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, and Simply Chartreuse. Here's a little peek at the three colors together, side by side.


Here's my project featuring this fun color combo. I used my new PTI goodies to create a clean and simple project featuring the trio of colors.

I stamped the solid flower image from the All About You set in Raspberry Fizz and carefully cut it out. I stamped one of the dotted circles for the flower center in Hawaiian Shores ink and punched it out with a ¾” circle punch, then added it to the cut flower with some foam tape. The “thinking of you” sentiment is stamped in a combination of Raspberry Fizz and Hawaiian Shores ink in the lower right corner of a white panel. I attached the cut out flower in the opposite corner using foam tape. A little Simply Chartreuse ribbon tab slipped underneath the flower adds a little bit of texture to the simple panel.

I set the stamped panel on a Simply Chartreuse card base. The base was stamped with one of the dotted circle images in matching ink. The subtle pattern adds interest to the otherwise plain base.

Materials Used:
All About You stamp set, Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, and Simply Chartreuse inks, Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Simply Chartreuse grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); ¾” circle punch (EK Success); foam tape

36 comments:

  1. this is fabulous.. great color combo.. love how bright and cheery your card is.. hoooray.. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bright card, those colours definitely make me think of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juicy colors and that flower is a wonderful choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these together! great CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combo. It just shouts "Happy"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this color combo -- would have definitely used chartreuse IF I had it yet -- LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that color combo!! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great layout and design! Love your fun, bright colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colors are so pretty -- great for summer colors.

    **June**

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a striking colour combo - and I love the bold design you've used with it! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great color combo - I think I'm liking Simply Chartreuse more and more thanks to great cards like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a happy card! Love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very fun color combo - very summer!!! I love it! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I must say, I probably wouldn't have thought of this combo, but after seeing your lovely card, I'm definitely going to give it try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this layout! I used HS and SC, too...just subbed in some Summer Sunrise for the Fizz :) Love that chain of flowers leading down to your focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, Lori!! I love those colors, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! Wonderful color combo, and great design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card! Those colors scream summer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fun happy card!! Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a bright and cheery card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great colors - love the little ribbon tab!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute card! You picked some of my favorite colors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty card Lori. Love the color combo you chose and how you used the flower center as a border too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the colors. Nice job on the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fun!! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the vibrancy of that color combo. So energizing! Cute card, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your simple layout and not a lot of frills....doesn't need it!! Looks great especially with those fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love those colors together! The chartuese is the only color of paper that I havent picked up yet but it looks so nice with all the others! Such a fun card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE these bold colours :) thanks for the idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE your bold bright color choice! GREAT card! LOVE your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Isn't the new color so much fun? Neat use of chartreuse.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips