Saturday, June 26, 2010

You're My Number One

Here’s my card for last week’s Bellarific Friday challenge from Stamping Bella. I inked up my You’re My Number One-abella for the sketch challenge.

I took my color inspiration from the colors in the bold number print paper I used for the panel on the left side of the card. I don’t think I would have done a primary color schemed card like this one without that paper. I colored the Bella with Copic markers and added a Liquid Pearl necklace (that kinda got a little blobby . . . ). The “1” is highlighted around the edges with a yellow marker for a fun glow.

The rest of the card’s pretty simple since the colors are bold. I embossed the blue panel with a dot pattern to match the dots on the “1” and added a little bit of yellow satin ribbon. I layered everything on a black cardfront.

This morning, I'm off to the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Northern Virgina for some browsing and shopping. I'll be back later with another project.

Materials Used:
You’re My Number One-abellaimage and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, Red Spica pen (Copic); Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Ballet Blue, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Bo Bunny); petite oval dies (Nestabilities); circle punches (EK Success); White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); Polka Dot embossing folder (QuicKutz); yellow satin ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips