Friday, July 30, 2010

Blogger Challenge Week 162/Friends with Flair

This week’s blogger challenge is a color challenge using black, white, and one other color of your choosing. I went with a pop of red on my simple, sweet card.

I used the bracket sentiment image from Unity’s Love Grows kit as my focal image. I stamped the image in black ink, then cut it out. I used the outline of the image as a guide for cutting a slightly larger red mat to place behind the image. I stamped the image again a second time, this time on red paper so I could cut out just the heart portion and attach it to the image panel using foam tape.

The rest of the card is very simple. I added a black strip under the left side of the image panel and used a piece of red ruffle edged faux suede ribbon to make a small bow. A corduroy brad holds the bow together at the center. The kit’s tiny “I love you” sentiment is stamped near the bottom of the card.

For more projects using black and white plus one, you can check out what the rest of the challenge players have created. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right. And, for more Unity inspiration, check out the Friends with Flair list on the Unity blog.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. Love Grows kit, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, May Arts red ruffle edge faux suede ribbon, Zva Creative black corduroy brad

Other:
Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); foam tape

30 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. Love the use of red! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the color combo! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. I do love the B/W and Red combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this card you can just feel love pooring out it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the classic black, white, and red - lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card... so fun to participate with you this week! hugs bonnierose in Fargo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so pretty - and I love red, white and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable and I love your colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. Clean & pretty. Why can't I do this???

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card--love how you popped that heart:) Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful and unique layout!! So very pretty with those colors, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Lori. I really like that faux suede ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the color combination. Very striking card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty Lori! Love the way that you did the ribbon and brad! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. How pretty! Love the pop of red...simple but perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, the layout of it is great and I always love the red, white, black combination.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful pop of red, love the red ruffle ribbon! Great to see you again at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your style!!
    This is a great card! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great card - love the clean lines. It was great meeting you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very sweet card with a beautiful dollop of red to make it lovely! Nice layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute card. Like the bow you made with the brad in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's fabulous!! My favorite colors white black and red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice card... I love the pop of red.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips